!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Streamline Training & Documentation: Day Trip South of Xi'an

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day Trip South of Xi'an

Julia has posted several pictures from the trip she and her fellow students took today to sights south of Xi'an. My favorites:

Julia: "Well I can't even explain these steps with words so I hope a picture will suffice, although this picture doesn't even capture all the steps. Let's just say by the time I got to the top I was proud of it. And the view was amazing! We were at the peak of a mountain [Zhashui Dong] and we could look down and see the town and this military training camp in the valley."


Julia: "... then there were these Buddhist monks giving us incense and then I turn around and see a huge golden Buddha against the wall. Well they told us to make a wish and then put our incense in this sand pit. It was interesting."

(You can see some images of the eighteen-kilometer tunnel one drives through to get from Xi'an to the mountains the students visited here.)

###

Labels: