!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Streamline Training & Documentation: Krefeld and Düsseldorf, Germany

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Krefeld and Düsseldorf, Germany

My Krefeld friend met me behind the central train station shortly after noon last Wednesday and took me back to the apartment she shares with her husband and two-year-old son, both of whom I would later meet for the first time.

Krefeld's Hauptbahnhof (Central Train Station)
Source: commons.wikimedia.org

After I dropped off my luggage, we walked around her neighborhood, checking out the single-family houses. We chewed over which houses were the most likely candidates for purchase once my friend's finances make buying affordable. (Prices in good neighborhoods are quite high.)

On Thursday my friend took me and her son to Düsseldorf, about 17 miles southeast of Krefeld. We started at K21, a museum of contemporary art located in a building that earlier housed the North Rhine-Westphalian State Parliament.

Top floor of K21, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Düsseldorf
Source: www.kultur.nrw.de

Then it was on the the Medienmeile, a redeveloped area of Düsseldorf's harbor.

The Flossies, Medienmeile, Düsseldorf
(Michael Marx)

We walked for a bit along the Rhine embankment promenade, with a timeout for pizza, and then, after a brief session at a nearby Spielplatz (playground) and some Italian gelato, we headed back to Krefeld for dinner.

###

Labels: