Kevin Panet on Rewards and RecognitionFor a quick review of good practice in providing employees with rewards and recognition, you can look through an 18-slide presentation that Kevin Panet, an executive recruiter at Integrity Staffing Solutions, has posted at slideshare.net.
Some key points:
- One of the goals of a sound approach to rewards and recognition is to recognize as many people as possible.
- Align rewards and recognition with intrinsic motivtion.
- If you don't know what motivates a particular individual, ask.
- Questions to ask about people who aren't measuring up for recognition:
- Have they been overlooked?
- Are they being challenged?
- Are they aware of opportunities?
- Do they have the tools and resources necessary to do their job?
- Do they clearly understand the business "big picture," their team's plan, and how their personal contributions fit into the big picture?
Labels: Rewards and recognition