Learning StylesThere are several ways people learn:
- by doing
- by brainstorming
- by problem solving
- by integrating information with what the person already knows
These two factors are combined in the graphic below.
The How dimension distinguishes between preference for action and preference for reflection.
- Action allows people to test ideas and gather new experiences.
- Reflection allows people to examine their actions, compare them with existing interpretations, and create more effective interpretations to guide future actions.
- Some people prefer to deal with facts, data, theories, and information.
- Others prefer intuition, feelings, stories, and experiences their own and others'.